Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Don't skirt the issue....






If you are like me, black tights can make you feel a teensy bit more confident about your legs. Therefore, 'tis the season to put on a shorter skirt without your bare legs out in the open. A blazer with a short skirt paired with ankle boots is a great look for going out or for a holiday party. Also, wear a loose v-neck shirt tucked into a mini-skirt for a rocker look. No matter your comfort level, there are skirts out there that will please anyone. Here a a few of my favorites....


This is a super fun skirt for any festive occasion. Note: these skirts are made to fit higher on the waist so don't be alarmed if it won't fit over your hips, just hike it up further.

This is a perfect example of a skirt that would look great with a super tight tank tucked in and a cropped or boyfriend blazer.

3.http://www.bcbg.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3745870&cp=2939729.3127126&page=1&pageBucket=0&parentPage=family I own a few of these "tulip" skirts from bcbg and they have a really flattering fit. This one would look great with tights and a fitted collared shirt.

5. http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=MIME-WD29&c=Skirts&s=C If you aren't as comfortable in shorter lengths, this is a wonderful alternative and still super stylish and cute

I had to put this one in because while it is a bit crazy, I love how it is styled (shown in silver above) with the white t-shirt and large statement necklace. Perfect for a new years party...




5 comments:

  1. So, you just helped me decide what to wear to a fun little benefit tomorrow! The sparkly tocca dress that we've all passed around, with a longish theory blazer, black tights, and ankle booties. Yes? Or should I ammend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PERFECT! I think you will look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the tulip skirt link is broken and you have the same skirt twice from revolve

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fixed the links. The brown tulip skirt sold out in like two seconds so I chose another style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so much! you made my life a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete