Friday, November 27, 2009

No-Chip makes me Chipper

My friend Suzanne has been telling me about the "No-Chip Manicure" for at least two years, and because my regular nail salon did not offer the service, I had not tried it yet. Well, Wednesday, I popped into my sister's regular nail spot in the loop, and saw that the "no-chip" was on the menu and decided to go for it. Now, the first thing you must know is that the nail-color options are somewhat limited because the gels are only available in certain colors (OPI brand in this instance). But, Lincoln Park after Dark, was a choice. Two other things to take note of are the price (about double a regular manicure), and the length of time (takes about an hour). Despite these factors, this type of service promises to last at least two weeks, not damage your nails, and you leave them completely dry. Given the fact that I often forgo the extra minutes of dry-time with a regular manicure, leading to smudges and chips, I was so happy to leave the salon with perfectly dry nails. Also, after a few days, my nails are still flawless, which is rare with cold weather in full effect.

OPI no-chip gels- search Axxium on the website
Also, google "no chip manicure" for a salon in your area that offers this service

No comments:

Post a Comment