Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sucking In



Alright, by now you will realize I have a theme with regards to slimming/trimming/tucking and clothing. I love items that help you feel a little lighter. So, to add to my love of black opaque tights, I decided to find the perfect black legging. Another fall/winter must-have, the legging can substitute for tights by giving you added warmth. They can be worn with a long t-shirt and cropped blazer, a sweater and riding boots, or a wild sequined top and heels. The other day I was on the search for pieces to use for Halloween and stumbled upon the best leggings ever! American Apparel has a new line that are high-waisted (see picture). They come in a variety of weird fabrics (I would not style them as the above picture shows), but have the ability to suck everything in. You can easily wear these with anything over them because there is no potential of love-handles showing. I highly suggest getting a pair:)

3 comments:

  1. Dear Melissa,

    I do not know how to post questions so I put this under comments, basically I need a "Dear Anne" column for my fasion questions.

    I need help, I have never really done boots. Ok, that's a mini lie as I have my cardie uggs *amazing ps*, regular uggs and wellies. But they all fall in the casual department. Today I wore a red dress w black tights (umm does that work btw) and never took off my wellies because I was too lazy to put on heels today.

    I am wondering if you have recomendations for a fairly flat black boot that would work w tights and a dress at work, but could also be fun w legging/jeans/going out. Is there anything that versatile or could you select a few styles?

    2. I have never gotten skinny jeans but would like a pair to tuck into my cardis and hopefully new black boots. However, I have hips. Any recomendations that won't maximize my ass? And how to wear them?

    Thanks lova, the pointers so far have rocked, keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the questions! Keep them coming...
    1. Next post will be about flat boots so stay tuned for all your answers to the boot situation
    2. Red dress works well with black tights in my opinion (often the sheer variety for work are a little better, but if you need opaque tight advice see previous post)
    3. See JCrew previous post about Matchstick jeans that are skinny, under $100, and work for me (I like to think of myself as "curvy")Note: I go up a size in these jeans to avoid upper thigh jean wrinkling. Also, for the cheap option,Forever 21 has a great stretch skinny jean (another situation of going up in sizes there,and they don't last as long).
    Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it has been suggested by a few of your readers that they would really like if you created a Q&A section of your blog where they can write in their specific questions and you provide your opinions/answers/etc. just wanted to pass the idea along :)

    ReplyDelete