Sunday, January 31, 2010

M.A.C attack


Select <span class=

Today was my deadline for switching my makeup from "tan face" to "pale face" (I am way overdue). In deciding to do so, I headed to the M.A.C counter for my supplies. Now, I have found that by having at least one definite item in mind along with the color name gives you a bit of credibility with the salespeople there. They seem to treat you a little better and spend a tad more time helping you since they know you've purchased before. Per usual, I walked away with more than I had originally intended, but found some new great finds that I think everyone will enjoy.

1. Prep and Prime Face - This is fantastic before you apply foundation or powder. It is super light, non-greasy, and just helps your makeup apply more evenly. I was a non-believer until the girl helping me put it under my studio fix powder.

2. Studio Fix Powder- I have been a huge fan of this powder for awhile because I generally don't like liquid foundation. However, I have found that I need more coverage lately and this definitely does the trick. The only tip is really to find the right shade because I was using my summer powder until today, and it was looking awful.

3. Eye Kohl- I love soft black liners and this goes on super easy but doesn't smudge all over unless you intentionally blend it.

4. Select Moisturecover- I needed a concealer that would be an "in between" type of makeup. Sometimes I need the heavy duty stuff, other times the very light stuff. This is the right balance of coverage plus lightness. The salesgirl applied it under my eyes and it really sunk into the skin without sitting on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment