Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 in full effect....


I am back from my month long vacation from the computer. I apologize for the lapse in fashion updates, but I am prepared to start the New Year with more posts and great items. I hope all of you had a great holiday and received some wonderful items to be worn this winter. I figured that I had begin my return with some information about cute cold weather items. First, I woke up to the fact that is is 5 degrees. Second, I know a lot of people are planning ski trips, etc which warrant some cold weather duds. Here are my top five picks .....


P.S There is now a "search" feature if you want to search my site for information on a certain item.


1. Down Coat- These can often make your silhouette appear larger than life, so it is important to find a coat that is tailored through the middle and a bit longer so it doesn't bulk you up. The nice thing with down is you will be warm enough that ten layers of clothing won't be required underneath the jacket.

2. Warm shoes- Okay. It is really hard to find fashionable footwear for mounds of snow. But, sometimes the cute snow bunny look is not all that bad either (especially if you are in Colorado).

3. Thermal Style Shirts- Good news! Long-John style shirts are actually cute. Just find one that is fitted, in a cute color or pattern, and pair with skinny jeans and boots. Add a scarf or skinny belt and you look cute, casual, and warm.

4. Oversized knit hats- These oversized beret-style hats are really popular in Hollywood right now. The nice thing is they don't really create "hat head" because they are more loose fitting. They look really cute when your hair is worn down. If you tuck all your hair in, you can look bald.

5. Gloves- These are great because they have a compartment for hand warmers (if skiing, etc), can be used as liners for extreme weather, or worn by themselves as simple, cute, hand-warming gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment